History of Education Review (published by Australian & New Zealand History of Education Society) seeks submissions for a special issue, to be co-edited by Tamson Pietsch and Joel Barnes (Australien Centre for Public History, University of Technology Sydney). The issue will explore the relations and interconnections between the history of knowledge and the history of education. Submissions may examine empirical cases, focusing on any period and geographical region, or take theoretical or historiographical approaches. Authors may wish to consider questions such as:
- What are the implications of centring forms of knowledge for established questions and problems in the history of education?
- How does bringing the history of science and of other forms of learning into dialogue with the institutional histories of schooling, universities and technical education reframe our understandings of these institutions?
- What might a focus on informal or extra-institutional knowledges bring to a field that has conventionally focused on the practices and institutions shaping formal, official knowledges? What are the relations between informal and formal knowledges, and how might attention to excluded knowledges reframe understandings of those that have historically been included within education systems?
- What are the possibilities for history of knowledge methods to bring historically devalued Indigenous and non-Western knowledges more fully into the history of education?
- How does thinking about the circulation of knowledge bring new perspectives to the traditional subjects of the history of education?
The editors seek submission of abstracts of 300 words proposing articles for consideration for publication, with full manuscripts to follow. Acceptance of an abstract does not mean acceptance of a paper and submitted papers will proceed through History of Education Review’s usual peer-review process.
Send abstracts and all queries to: email@example.com
Abstracts due: 1 October 2020
For more information see https://anzhes.com/call-for-papers/